Follow the Google+ page or Twitter for the latest dev news.
This is a critical update for the openssl compatibility issue as documented for Bitcoin by gmaxwell. If you build Litecoin from source you MUST upgrade to Litecoin v0.8.7.5 because your operating system’s openssl has become incompatible in a security update for CVE-2014–8275. This is especially important for Linux users and mining pools who built from source.
- Critical: Maintain consensus with openssl-1.0.1k+ or CVE-2014–8275.
- If you are running the v0.8.7.4 binaries from litecoin.org you do not need to upgrade as that contained an older version of openssl before the consensus breaking change in openssl-1.0.1k. v0.8.7.5 was released primarily to remove all confusion about what version is safe to operate.
- Enforce v2 blocks at height 710000 on mainnet, 400000 on testnet
- All miners must upgrade prior to this point or they run the risk of losing future block rewards.
- Add `-maxorphantx=` option for control over the maximum orphan transactions and blocks
- Don’t poll showmyip.com, it doesn’t exist anymore
BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT BEFORE UPGRADING
Follow the directions on this page to find the location of your wallet.dat. Make a backup copy before you upgrade. This is the only file you need to recover if anything goes wrong.
Warning: Please use GPG to verify the integrity of the binary downloads. Linux, MacOS or Win32 cygwin command line GPG instructions are available here. The community wrote a Windows GPG4Win guide with screenshots which is available here. All builds are signed by the team GPG key C37E4723969276F5. The exact binaries for Linux and Win32 are reproducible with Gitian.
- Downloads: [litecoin.org] [mirror]
- Supported Systems
- Windows XP+
- MacOS X 10.6.x+
Discuss Litecoin 0.8.7.5 in this forum thread.
Litecoin v0.8.7.5 was originally published in Litecoin Project on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.